Dr Kesorn Pechrach Weaver
Dr. Kesorn Pechrach Weaver
/* Style Definitions */
University of Southampton
July 1999 – May 2003
§ Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Electro-Mechanical Engineering
Specialization: HV & LV Short circuit breakers
King Mongkut’s Thonburi University, Thailand
Oct 1993 – March 1997
§ Master of Engineering (M.Eng), Energy Technology Engineering
Specializing: Energy Technology and Management
Khon Kaen University
May 1988 – March 1992
§ Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng), Electrical Engineering
/* Style Definitions */
· Chartered Engineer No. 528820, UK Engineering Council (IET)
· Chartered Electrical and Power Engineer no. 55065, Thailand Engineering Council, (SFK)
Nov 2016- Present
EuROPEAN COMMISSION EC-EUROPA-EU
Expert Evaluator H202-IC-SME Inst
Dec 2014- Present
Nov 2009 – Present
VDM Verlag Dr. Muller AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT & CO. KG
Responsible for research and development, electrical and materials. This includes collaboration with universities and research organisations. Responsibilities include developing products for engineering and medical devices, design, calculation, prototyping, product testing, patent applications, specification, project monitoring, financial control management, estimates and budgets.
July 1999 – Feb 2004
University of Southampton
Research arc phenomena in high current devices, experiments in the short circuit breaker, computer modelling the magnetic force, gas dynamic and thermal effect, journal papers and presentation for international conferences in Europe, USA and Canada.
· Develop the arc phenomena in high current devices, including the use of piezoelectric materials in circuit breaker design.
§ Running Laboratory Experiments to observe the arc short circuit breaker behaviour.
§ Investigation of the arc root commutation in MCB and piezoelectric actuator.
§ Measurement of gas flow and composition effects on arc motion in current limiting circuit breakers.
§ Computer modelling of magnetic forces, gas dynamics and thermal effects in low contact opening velocity switching devices
§ Teaching and supervising undergraduate and postgraduate projects.
§ Teaching the high current short circuit phenomena and demonstrating the switching devices for UCAS students.
/* Style Definitions */
Jan 1998 – July 1999
Foster wheeler International
Responsible for review of design of electrical systems, specification, site supervision and quality control for review of the design and manufacture of 11kV Switchgear and 3.3kV switch board substations, load shedding system reliability improvement, electrical integrity protection systems, for Sriracha refinery ESSO (Thailand) Public CO., Ltd. This also includes specification, manufacture and inspection of high voltage switchgear, power transformers, together with the design calculations for Polycarbonate Plant Project, Bayer Polymers Co., Ltd
Aromatic recovery Project, ESSO (Thailand) Public CO., Ltd: Review of the design and manufacture of 11kV Switchgear and 3.3kV switch board substations.
Umbrella Project, Thappline co., Ltd: Design of hazardous area for electrical installations for petroleum facilities.
TARP Project, ESSO (Thailand) Public CO., Ltd: Review of design, specification, and site supervisor for quality control for Electrical integrity protection systems.
Polycarbonate Plant Project, Bayer Polymers Co., Ltd: Review of design, specification, manufacture and inspection of High Voltage switchgear, power transformers, together with the design calculations .
Sriracha Umbrella Projects, ESSO (Thailand) Public CO., Ltd: Review of design of electrical system, specification, site supervisor and quality control for Load shedding system reliability improvement for Sriracha refinery.
Jan 1997 – Jan 1998
Black & Veatch International
Lead and supervisory engineer for the design and construction of over 45 separate 115kV substations located throughout various regions of Thailand. Responsibilities required interfacing with up to 4 different contracting firms during the construction and testing of the electrical substations.
Feb 1996 – Jan 1997
CPP &Associates Co., ltd
Responsible for the design of Electrical lighting system and facilities for a control building, 17 toll surveillance buildings, and 34 toll booths, and control system along a major expressway connecting several large cities.
Mar 1993 – Feb 1996
Thai DCI Consulting engineers –Mott MacDonald group
Designed electrical facilities and control systems for waste water and potable water treatment plants, in several industrial parks, residential estates and gasoline storage tank farm, street and area lighting of several major highway and expressway interchanges in various locations throughout Thailand, responsibilities included preparing BOQs (Bill of Quantities), cost estimates, specification, and the condition and contract for electrical work. Also supervised the inspection, testing of equipment, and the commissioning test of the electrical and control systems in Thana City Golf Course, ESSO, Bangpakong Industrial Park, etc.
Mar 1992 – Mar 1993
Team Consulting Engineers Co., ltd
Designed electrical facilities, and remote control stations for waste water treatment plants. Other major responsibilities included site surveying, preparing BOQs, cost estimates, and the testing and commissioning of the electrical system. Companies receiving these services include the UniThai Ship Yard, and the Sukrapiban Water Treatment Plants, with several locations in Thailand.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
1) Arc Control in Circuit Breakers: Low Contact Velocity, 2nd Edition, ISBN-13: 978-0993117879, Jan 2017.
2) Piezoelectric in Prosthetics: Energy Harvesting, ISBN-13: 978-0993117824, Apr 2016.
3) Born from Kidney Transplant Mother, ISBN-13: 978-0993117848, Jan 2016.
4) Civil Servants Salary in Thailand: History and Research, ISBN:978-0993117855, Jun 2015.
5) Slow Contact Opening Circuit Breakers, ISBN: 978-0993117862, Jun 2015.
6) Architecture Technology for Engineers, ISBN: 978-0993117831, May 2015.
7) Piezoelectric in Circuit Breakers: Design & Test, ISBN: 978-0993117800, Dec 2014.
8) 37 Smart Ways: Life Journeys, ISBN:978-0993117817, Dec 2014.
9) Arc Control in Circuit Breakers, ISBN: 978-3-639-22101-5, Dec 2009.
Journal Papers (Selected):
· P. M. Weaver, K. Pechrach, J. W. McBride, “Arc Root Mobility on Piezoelectrically Actuated Contacts in Miniature Circuit Breakers”, IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technologies, Vol. 28, No.4, December 2005, pp. 734-740.
· P.M.Weaver, K.Pechrach, J.W.McBride, “The Energetics of Gas Flow and Contact Erosion During Short Circuit Arcing”, IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Vol. 27, No.1, March 2004, pp. 51-56.
· J.W.McBride, K. Pechrach, P.M.Weaver, “Arc Motion Gas Flow in Current Limiting Circuit Breakers Operating with a Low Contact Switching Velocity”, IEEE Transactions on Components, Packaging, and Manufacturing Technologies, Vol. 25, No.3, September 2002, pp. 427-433.
· J.W.McBride, K. Pechrach, P.M.Weaver, “Arc Root Commutation from Moving Contacts in Low Voltage Devices”, IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Vol. 24, No.3, September 2001, pp. 331-336.
Conference Papers (Selected):
· K. Pechrach, “Modeling of Renal Vascular System for Nanomedical Applications”, Franco-British Nanomedicine Summit Countdown to FP7, Paris, France, November 2006.
· K. Pechrach, J.W. McBride, P.M. Weaver, Arc root mobility on piezo actuated contacts in miniature circuit breakers, 49th IEEE Holm Conference on Electrical Contacts, Washington DC, USA, September 2003.
· K. Pechrach, J.W.McBride, P.M.Weaver, “The Correlation of Magnetic, Gas dynamic and Thermal Effects on Arc Mobility in Low Contact Velocity Circuit Breakers”, 48th IEEE Holm Conference on Electrical Contacts, Florida, USA, October 2002, pp.86-94.
· K. Pechrach, J.W.McBride, P.M.Weaver, “Analysis of Arc root Mobility in Low Contact Opening Velocity Circuit Breakers”, 21st ICEC/ITK 2002 International Conference on Electrical Contacts, Zurich, Switzerland, September 2002, pp.260-267.
· K. Pechrach, J.W.McBride, P.M.Weaver, “Gas Flow and Composition Effects on Arc Motion in Current Limiting Circuit Breakers”, 47th IEEE Holm Conference on Electrical Contacts, Montreal, Canada, September 2001, pp.12-17.
· J.W. McBride, K. Pechrach, P.M.Weaver, “Arc Root Commutation from Moving Contacts in Low Voltage Devices”, 46th IEEE Holm Conference on Electrical Contacts, Piscataway, NJ, USA, September 2000, pp.130-138.